After School Programs are offered in New Hanover and Pender Counties for middle and high school students. The goals of these programs are to provide a safe place for students during the after school hours, provide academic assistance to students to help them succeed in school, and provide auxiliary services to meet the needs of the students.
Five new students are participating in the 21st Century Learning Center After School Program at W.I.R.E. New Hanover High School students, Eh Taw Taw, Eh Pla, Eh K Due, Shei Moe, and Law Eh Say and are recent refugees from Myanmar -- they speak Karen and very little English. Our other NHHS After Students have used their talents to tutor the new students primarily in math. WIRE helps them with academic needs , offers fun enrichment activities, and welcomes them to the group. We wish them well in their new endeavor in the United States and thank them for enriching the lives of our students and staff.
- W.I.R.E. Youth Center
- The W.I.R.E. Youth Center (Wilmington youth center for Inspiration, Recreation and Education) addresses the concerns of out of school time for youth in a positive, engaging environment, while offering academic support for students and resources for families.
- Pender County
- Information coming soon!
- New Hanover County
- After School Programming is held at the W.I.R.E. Youth Center for high school students. W.I.R.E. is located in downtown Wilmington at 20 N. 4th Street, Suite 300. Contact Megan Toothman at 910-343-1901 or email@example.com
Recieve More Information On This Program Service
- New Year's Romp This Saturday!!!
Get your year off to a running start and join us for the 1st Annual New Year's Romp this Saturday, January 5th....full article
- WIRE After School Program Now Serves Middle and High School students!
WIRE is now open Monday / Wednesday for middle school students and Tuesday / Thursday for high school students...full article
- National Study Ranks Communities In Schools Most Effective Dropout Prevention Organization in US
Largest and Most Comprehensive Evaluation Conducted by Nation's Foremost Social Science Evaluation Firms...full article