Baby Steps Young Parent Support
Baby Steps – Young Parent Support
Baby Steps Program is a two-tiered system of support for parents age 24 and younger, living in New Hanover and Pender counties.
Tier One utilizes the Partners for a Healthy Baby home visiting curriculum designed for pregnant and parenting young parents. The young parent and their family will receive at least five home visits, during which they will receive support in the areas of family development, maternal and family health, preparing and caring for baby, and child development.
The goal is to provide layered supports to help the young parent through all stages of pregnancy and early childhood.
- Learn skills to be successful and confident parents
- Get connected to resources available in the community
- Receive an advocate to walk with them and their family through the journey of parenting
- Join a network of young parents in the community
Tier Two is the Young Parent’s Circle group. Young Parent’s Circle is a mutual self-help support group for young parents ages up to age 24. The purpose of the group is to provide a place where young parents can connect, learn, and be a source of strength for each other. Groups will meet weekly to have dinner, complete group sessions, and engage in activities designed to strengthen families.
The end goal is to build the five protective factors and decrease the instances of child abuse and neglect.
- Gain a sense of belonging and relief
- Become resources to each other inside and outside of the group
- Advocate for themselves and other parents as they give and receive help
- Become more competent and confident in their parenting role
Please email info@ciscapefear for information